Stuart Piltch is the co-founder and managing director of Cambridge Advisory Group, an actuarial and benefits consulting firm based in Philadelphia. With over 40 Fortune 500 clients including American Express, PepsiCo, US Airways, Motorola, Anheuser-Busch, and several federal and state regulatory agencies including the US Department of Justice, US Department of Labor as well as several state Insurance Departments and Attorney Generals, Cambridge is the company that big business and government turn to for their compensation and benefits needs.
A graduate of Hobart College, Piltch spent time working for the government, union organizations and Met Life before founding the firm.
In addition to his continual philanthropy, Piltch serves on the Board of Trustees for Hobart and William Smith Colleges, the Marine Military Academy and the American Foundation for the Blind.
Cambridge Advisory Group, Inc. Eagleville, PA 1999-Current
Completed work product includes examination of the design, risk, liabilities, funding, regulatory status, vendor sourcing and administrative practices of qualified and non-qualified plans. Expert witness services have been provided to both private and governmental entities on such matters as fraud, damages realized through price fixing, appropriate actuarial practices and protocols, fiduciary responsibilities of both plan and third party administrators as well as claim practices and related reserving issues, including the following:
- Testified Fall of 2004 through Spring of 2005 on behalf of Florida Plan Holdings, LLC in case involving HIP vs Florida Plan Holdings, LLC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. (Verdict in favor of Florida Plan Holdings.
- Involved with the US Department of Justice regarding their investigation of the New Orleans Public Schools.
Additionally testified and/or deposed in the following cases, each of which resulted in settlement in favor of the client:
- Milwaukee County vs. Mercer, Inc. on behalf of Milwaukee County.
- Select Medical vs. America’s Choice Healthplan on behalf of Select Medical, Inc.
- Healthcare Network of New York vs. HIP of NY on behalf of Healthcare Network of New York.
- Pennsylvania State Employee’s Retirement System (SERS) vs. Cigna.
Chief Operating Officer
HealthNow, Buffalo, NY
Responsible for a wide array of customer, financial, regulatory and operational functions for a $1 billion health insurer. Also established a new corporate division for the company’s first ever service area expansion. Hired and trained a team of 35 new employees to manage the expansion. Developed and implemented strategies for network development, medical management, sales, service, administration and underwriting Successfully brought in over 40,000 new members in the division’s first year. Principal
Buck Consultants, Berwyn, PA
Responsible for business development and project management of consulting assignments across the breadth of Buck's business. Provided technical content for projects in areas of health and disability benefits, executive compensation, salary administration, productivity-based incentives and sales compensation.
Regional Director for Group Insurance and Pensions Division
MetLife, Philadelphia, PA
Held a series of both internally and externally focused positions. As Regional Director, was responsible for the overall management of several regions of the company’s Large Group Division. This division serviced employers and Taft-Hartley Funds with 200+ benefit plan participants. Each region totaled over 125 accounts with annual consideration in excess of $600 million. Responsible for the hiring and training of staff as well as sales, service, administration, pricing and profitability of the business. Each year, the region exceeded corporate objectives for sales, persistency, customer satisfaction and profitability.
Assistant to the President
AFL-CIO, Food and Beverage Trades Department
Participated in coordinated organizing and bargaining issues for fifteen International Unions covering over 7 million members in the service economy. Particular emphasis on health and welfare benefits, disability and discrimination matters.
Analyst – United States Government
Central Intelligence Agency
Performed quantitative and qualitative analytics on a host of risk management matters. Heavy emphasis on Game Theory and predictive modeling.
Hobart College, graduated with high honors in history and American studies, G.P.A. 3.5. June 1982.
Board of Trustees, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 2007
Board of Trustees, Marine Military Academy, 2008
Board of Trustees, American Foundation for the Blind, 2008
- Stuart Piltch Biography and CV
- Affidavit of Brigadier General Stephen Cheney
- Milwaukee County Thank You Letter
- Cambridge Advisory Group, Inc.
- Piltch Commits $7.5M to HWS Scholarships
- Piltch gift doubles Geneva Scholarship Endowment
- Health Care Reform: A Changing Landscape
- Medicare Part D White Paper
- Jefferson case shows meltdown of Orleans Parish School Board
- Feds Open NOLA Schoolboard Payroll Investigation - PDF Version
- Interview with Orleans School Board consultant - PDF Version
- Commentary: Orleans Parish investigation underlines the need for - PDF Version
- Consultant finds $20 million missing from Orleans public schools - PDF Version
- School system's missing $27M spurs business to offer help - PDF Version
- Commentary: Auditor finds gross financial mismanagement of Orleans - PDF Version
- Commentary: Orleans Parish School Board should lose jobs over payroll - PDF Version
- Auditor Says Not All Board Members On His Side - PDF Version